HOW DO I CARE FOR MY HEART?
Your heart is easy to care for!
While carrying your heart with you is one of the best ways to benefit from the healing energy it provides, over time accidental drops and accumulated dust, perspiration, perfumes, and other elements can cover its surface and dull the beauty of its finish.
To best maintain your heart, follow these care guidelines:
- Wash in cold water only, without soap
- Never clean your with jewelry cleanser or cleaning solutions with abrasives or ammonia, or isopropyl alcohol as harsh chemicals will discolor and dissolve the soft-touch finish and remove the underlying pigment
- Do not apply perfumes, lotions, or chemicals to your hands while touching the heart
- To avoid tarnishing and discoloration, remove your heart from your pockets before swimming in chlorinated pools, hot tubs, or salt water, or entering extremely hot environments, such as steam rooms and saunas
- To remove oils and dirt, wipe your heart with a clean, soft cloth
- Avoid carrying it in pockets, purses, or bags exposed to hard and/or sharp objects
- Avoid dropping or scraping it against hard surfaces that would expose it to friction
- To avoid tarnishing and scratching, separately store each heart in its original case